Tuesday, May 6, 2014

This is Not A Diet...It's My Life




Getting My Exercise Groove Back: 

Step One: Find a workout that excites you.

I plan a Dance Jam workout for Saturday's with my favorite instructor. Getting to see him again and have him kick my butt sounded good and all sorts of fun. Any other workout might not have gotten me out the door. Dance Jam Classes can always motivate me to get moving!
Step Two: Plan ahead for a workout time that you will least likely skip.
I know that if I put my workout off until the evening I have a much harder time finding the energy to power through a session. Unfortunately, I can not always get my gym time in every morning. It almost deterrs me from going to the gym at night. Good thing I love dance classes so much that it gets my butt out the door in the evenings or in front of my TV to do a home workout. Needless to say, it reminded me why it is so important to choose a time that works for you! Don’t make getting back into a groove hard on yourself by choosing to workout at 5 am when you hate the morning or at 6 pm when you know you will want to die of exhaustion. 
Step Three: Find a Buddy.
I’ll be honest…one of the biggest things that motivated me to hit the gym at night  or daily and my workout videos was you all. Blogging sure provides a heck of a lot of motivation sometimes! I know you all wouldn’t feel disappointed in me or anything ridiculous like that. Workouts are just my best blog brainstorming time! If blog brainstorming so you have something to discuss with blog buddies doesn’t motivate you, then find a “real life” pal to drag along and make things less miserable.
Step Four: Ease Back Into It.
Confession: I picked up this step in hindsight. After attending a conference that also focused on fitness I got a little gung-ho on my weights workouts of the week. I completed the following two workouts.
MONDAY: PLYO, CHEST, TRIS, & ABS WORKOUT (done as a circuit)
MoveSets x RepsWeight
push – ups3 x 15bodyweight
burpees3 x 10bodyweight
plated chest press3 x 1030 # per side
power kicks3 x 20 per legbodyweight
triceps kickbacks3 x 1212# per side
stability ball crunch3 x 15holding 10 # med ball
planks3 x 45 secondsbodyweight
TUESDAY: HAMSTRINGS, BACK, SHOULDERS, & BIS WORKOUT (done as 3 different supersets)
MoveSets x RepsWeight
barbell deadlift3 x 1560 #
wide grip lat pulldown3 x 1075 #
back extensions3 x 15bodyweight
narrow cable row3 x 1265 #
cable side lateral raise3 x 1010# per side
cable bicep curl3 x 1020 # per side
SMH... My body hurt, lol Ouch. Not the smartest move on my part to go back in so forcefully. Take note that easing back in would make things much easier to keep up with and more natural in getting that groove back. FIND SOMETHING FUN!!!!!
Step Five: Be Realistic and Adapt As Necessary.
Along the same premise as step four, I quickly learned that I would have to openly adjust my workout plans so as not to sideline myself with intense soreness. Wednesday my training plan called for a 5 mile tempo run, with my tempo miles at an 8:43 pace. Ha! Hahahaha! My legs said no way and I had no problem adjusting that run’s goal to simply completing 4 miles, screw the pace. If I had tried to push it, my workout groove would have quickly turned into creating a nice groove in my couch cushions instead. You know…since I would not have a shot in the world of moving from said couch cushions.
Step Six: Just Do It.
**** Hope this helps everyone ***

No comments:

Post a Comment