Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Rise & Shine



I know that exercising in the early a.m. before you head to work can be a real challenge. If you aren't a morning person, missing out on sleep can seem very unappealing, I personally don't have the time to run to the gym in the morning...not because I'm still sleep...BUT getting my boys up, dressed, snacks in their book bags, breakfast in their belly's & then off to the bus stop...not to mention I have to get ready myself... I've found a 30 minute walk/job in my neighborhood is refreshing & also my workout videos, here are some reasons you may want to set your alarm for an early morning workout.
  1. It's usually a peaceful, quiet time of day, so it can be a great opportunity to think and get some time alone.
  2. Exercising in the morning wakes up your brain, clears your mind, and helps you organize your thoughts or your mental to-do list, preparing you for the day ahead.
  3. If you get it done first thing, then you won't have to worry about trying to squeeze it in to your busy schedule, especially if you have kids. Plus, studies have shown morning exercisers are more consistent.
  4. Exercising helps get things moving, digestively speaking, so working out early can prevent getting backed up later on in the day.
  5. Since working out on an empty stomach can cause you to lose muscle, morning workouts will encourage you to eat breakfast, which has been proven to boost your metabolism, which helps to burn calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment